Friday, November 9, 2007

Finding What You're Looking For

I recently bought two ferrets. They make great companions, and I'm glad I've got them. When I was considering getting ferrets people kept reinforcing the idea that they smell bad. My own research said that the foul odor is in their waste, so if you keep their litter clean, no problems. Well, I've been doing my best to keep the cage clean. I'm also being more conscious about smells. I'm on the lookout for offensive smells. Well, I'm finding them.

I'm not finding offensive smells as much around the house but in places where I've never looked for offensive smells before. I've been waiting tables at the same restaurant for several years. I've begun interpreting every day smells, even kitchen smells as offensive.

The point is because I am now looking for offensive smells, I'm finding them. Same thing seems to happen with cars... when you think about getting a particular car you seem to see that car on the road everywhere.

So, what if a person starts looking for business opportunities? Or someone with whom to have a healthy relationship? Or enjoyable ways to exercise? Everything anyone could want is available in abundance. If you look for it you'll find it not anywhere, but everywhere.

No comments: